Sunday, February 20, 2011

Climate Deniers Want the Facts- I Give you the Truth as Best I Can

Konza Prairie Site: Rainfall manipulation plots allow observations of precipitation patterns.
One of many test and research sites of NSF

I give the climate deniers the best truth I can. I often utilize sources such as Universities, Government (Like the NSF, always reliable), and various scientists that I think can be considered reliable. I recently found, for instance, that Ladies and Gentlemen of the U.S. Congress and Senate had been referring regularly to a "list of 100" which referred to a list of scientists of the highest repute who "Deny Climate Change Exists." I am in the middle of running down the facts on this as yet, but I can assure you, I intend to give you better vetting of my facts than this.
As a part of this ongoing proofing of information, I ran across a very good article on an NSF (National Science Foundation) site that showed a series of the verification and data collection sites they use. I thought it would be a good use of a Sunday morning to show you the article and some of the research areas.
It is my intention to always deal with the facts and the truth in every bit of this, no matter where they lead.
I give you the article in part and tell you I intend to give a summary. n March 2, view a webcastof the Long-Term Ecological Research symposium of the webcast that the NSF will have ...Jeff Darling

Now from the NSF:


NSF Forum: Understanding Climate Change Through Long-Term Ecological Research

Human activities such as burning of fossil fuels and land use change have increased atmospheric carbon dioxide by 40 percent since the start of the industrial revolution, researchers have found.
The result is a hotter Earth, with warmer average temperatures around the globe and a future climate system that will be more variable, and with more extreme events, says Scott Collins, a scientist at the National Science Foundation's (NSF) Sevilleta Long-Term Ecological Research (LTER) Site in N.M.
Sevilleta is one of a network of 26 such NSF LTER sites around the world.  
This winter's historic snows may be but one harbinger of what lies ahead.
Regionally severe winter weather may be linked to a planet whose temperature is going up, scientists say, not down. A warmer atmosphere holds more moisture and, as large land masses like North America cool over winter months, increased snowfall results.
On Wednesday, March 2, 2011, NSF will host a symposium titled, "Understanding Climate Change: Perspectives from Long-Term Ecological Research."



BioCon4 is an LTER experiment to study how plants will respond to climate change.


                        Scientists conduct night-time warming experiments to document climate change.

No comments:

Post a Comment